…Raising Future Generation Leaders.
Types of Vision/Goals
Habakkuk 2:2 tells us to “write the vision plainly on tablets so that the runner can carry the correct message to others”. Your vision has to be clear to you so that others can easily buy into that vision. If you yourself are unsure about what you want out of life, you can never get others to invest in you. Imagine if the President of CGDM was a blind-sighted leader who wasn’t forward thinking. We would all be doing whatever we feel is best in this ministry. Thank God we even have a 10-year plan now that will keep us all speaking one voice on this journey ahead. If I asked each of you now if you had a 10-year plan for your life, can you boldly say YES? I hope so but if not I want to help.
In this part of the devotional, I’m supposed to break down the different types of visions and goals but what would be more impactful is if we all personally assess our visions and goals. Spend time understanding why you do the things you do.
*Why do you want to be an entrepreneur? Is it because you have pride and don’t want to answer to an employer or you want to navigate your career whilst being around your family?
*Why do you want to be a successful actor? Is it for the accolades & limelight or because you believe you can use your talent to win souls for God.
There’s are 12 key areas of life below with questions that allow us to set goals. Choose the ones that apply to you and after answering them, write a brief vision statement underneath each category and keep it in your personal archive. Check back to your vision often to ensure you are on the right track. Be sure to also pray over your vision and ask God to guide you so that you are not chasing after a vision that He didn’t give you. I believe He will help us all in Jesus’ name. Amen
- Health and fitness- What do you want to weigh? How do you want to feel? When do you want to complete your first marathon?
- Intellectual life- What or how many books would you like to read before the year? What seminars would you like to attend? What skills would you like to attain? What classes would you like to take?
- Emotional life- Where would you like your energy and happiness levels to be? How would you like to feel throughout your day [including the afternoon time when a lot of us normally feel a “slump”]?
- Character- What do you want to stand for? What values do you want to have? What level of integrity would you like to operate at?
- Spiritual life- What personal spiritual practices would you like to maintain or begin? How often do you want to pray or meditate? How often do you want to visit church, a meeting, a service, etc.?
- Love relationships- Who do you want to be with? What kind of partner do you want to be? What type of life do you want to live with your partner? Where do you want to have your vacation? Where do you want to live?
- Parenting vision- How do you want to parent your children? What values do you want to instill in them? How much time do you want to spend with your children each day/week?
- Social life- What types of friendships would you like to establish? What kind of friend would you like to be? What types of activities would you like to experience or enjoy in your social life?
- Financial life- How much money would you like to make or save? How would you like to see money flow to you?
- Career- What positions would you like to fill? What skills would you like to learn or attain? What types of projects would you enjoy working on? Where would you like to work or be employed?
- Quality of life-Where would you like to live? What would you like your home or car to look like? Where would you like to travel? How does your daily life look?
- Life vision- What do you see as your grand contribution to yourself, your community, or your planet?
God bless and see us all thru and we find time to prayerfully evaluate and define our essential goals/life vision In Jesus name Amen